And now:[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] replies:
Woman brings story of caribou to university
BY JODI RAVE Lincoln Journal Star
http://www.journalstar.com/stories/rav/sto10 (entire story here)

When Gwitchin tribal elders asked Norma Kassi to leave her village in the
Arctic wilderness, she agreed. Tell the world about ours, they said, and so
she brought her story to Lincoln Thursday night.

"I thank the ancestral spirits for guiding me here," said Kassi, a member of
the Gwitch'n Nation of Canada, as she spoke to a filled auditorium at the
University of Nebraska-Lincoln. <Snip>

<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>
Chief Red Cloud, an Oglala legend, up for state hall of fame - Photo
BY SCOTT BAUER The Associated Press
http://www.journalstar.com/stories/neb/sto11 (entire story here)

Nominated to state hall: Chief Red Cloud has been nominated to the Nebraska
State Hall of Fame. The Hall of Fame Commission meets on Thursday to consider
Red Cloud's case. The Oglala leader was born in Garden County in 1822.

A livestock auctioneer is a member.

So is a Lincoln businessman known for his self-named department store.

But the famed Oglala Lakota chief, Red Cloud, does not belong to the Nebraska
Hall of Fame. <SNIP>