And now:Sonja Keohane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

        Anyone wishing more information about Penn State, let me know
and I will give you my daughter's address, she is a graduate student
there.

        <http://www.navajohopiobserver.com/news4.htm>

Penn State offers fellowships for American Indian education programs

UNIVERSITY PARK, (Penn.)

Penn State is offering graduate fellowships to American Indian and
Alaska Native
students interested in either of two programs: master's level
training in special education
or doctoral level training in special education or educational administration.

Both programs are affiliated with Penn State's recognized American
Indian Leadership
Program. The fellowships are supported by a grant from the U.S. Department of
Education.

Applications for both programs are now being accepted. For the
master's program,
previous credentials in education or special education are preferred,
but are not
necessary.

The deadline for submitting applications is Nov. 20 for Spring
Semester 2000 and April
20 for Fall Semester 2000. The fellowship includes a monthly stipend
of approximately
$1,000 per month, tuition, textbooks and relocation allowances.

Dr. Anna Gajar, professor of special education, and Dr. John
Tippeconnic III, professor
of education, are co-directors of the programs. For more information
contact Dr. Gajar,
226B Moore Building, University Park, PA 16802, (814) 863-2284; or Dr.
Tippeconnic, American Indian Leadership Program, 207 Rackley
Building, University
Park, PA 16802; or at (814) 863-1626.
---end of excerpt-----