And now:[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 19:43:59 -0800 (PST)
From: Jason Spaulding <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Fwd: TIMPANOGOS TRIBE FILES FEDERAL LAW SUIT

http://www.4utah.com/

November 10, 1999
      Reported by: Associated Press

      (Salt Lake City-AP) -- The smaller of two Indian
tribes sharing a Utah reservation has filed a
      lawsuit in the hopes of gaining more authority. The
Timpanogos Tribe filed a lawsuit Monday that
      claims the Northern Ute Tribe has tried to usurp
sovereignty on the Uintah-Ouray Ute Indian
      Reservation. Timpanogos chief executive officer Mary
Meyer says the Northern Utes are depriving
      the Timpanogos Tribe of their historical place on the
land. The injunction asks the state and Utes
      not to enter into negotiations without including the
Timpanogos. Meyer says the Timpanogos
      Tribe is local to Utah. The tribe claims the Utes are
actually a Colorado group that encroached on
      their territory. But the Ute Tribe doesn't recognize
the Timpanogos.

 > > From: "clora whitehead"
 > > Subject: TIMPANOGOS TRIBE FILES FEDERAL LAW SUIT
 > > Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 10:33:15 -0000
 > >
 > > The Timpanogos tribe of the snake band of Shoshones
 > have filed a law suit
 > > against the Ute tribe and the Attorney General of the
 > State of Utah. This
 > law
 > > suit has gone public and was on the news 11-8-99. The
 > suit stops any deals
 > > between the Utes and the State, until it is known who
 > the Uintah Reservation
 > > was set up for and who has control over it. It was
 > noted on the news that
 > the
 > > reservation was set up before the Ute tribe was brought
 > here by force. This
 > > is the first step in regaining what truthfully belongs
 > to the origanal
 > > Indians of the State of Utah.