And now:[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

From: Lynne Moss-Sharman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Wilson (Pete) Dodge dies, ceremonial fire for son

November 22, 1999    Drowned boater's father dies

By JOHN MINER, London Free Press

Only days after the remains of his missing son were found, the
father of a teenager lost with four companions in a Lake Erie
boating accident died of an apparent heart attack outside his West
Lorne home. Wilson (Pete) Dodge, 43, died yesterday morning after tending a
ceremonial fire for Dennis Dodge, whose body was found last week near
Buffalo. Autopsy reports showed Dennis, 15, had drowned. His uncle, Pete's
35-year-old brother Charlie Dodge, also died in the ill-fated fishing trip
that left Port Glasgow Aug. 14.
Also killed were Jamie Schnekenburger, 21, Steven Vaterlaus, 26,
and Andrew Vankoeverden, 47. Although an extensive search was
conducted for weeks after the boat disappeared, their bodies were
only recovered in recent weeks.

The Dodges are members of the Caldwell First Nation. "It is unbelievable.
This family has suffered so much," family
spokesperson Pat Clark said yesterday. Clark said Pete Dodge didn't have a
history of health problems but had been under considerable strain. He said
Dodge had been tending the ceremonial fire for his son for several hours
before going into his house for a rest. When he got up, he complained he
couldn't breathe. "He took five or six more steps out the back door and
down he went." Police said family members started CPR on Dodge while others
ran for help. A West Lorne resident came from a local coffee shop and
assisted. An Elgin County OPP cruiser was flagged down and two officers
took over administration of CPR until an ambulance arrived. Dodge was taken
to Four Counties Hospital in Newbury where he  was pronounced dead of an
apparent heart attack. Two weeks ago Pete Dodge held a news conference with
his wife, Kim,to ask people to look for Dennis's body in Lake Erie. At the
time he described the native funeral ceremony he would conduct when his
son's body was found. Dodge cried when he talked about how his son wanted
to be a mechanic when he grew up. Clark said he believes the search for his
son and brother took a toll on Dodge. "I've been out with him the last two
or three months and we have been walking beaches, up cliffs and down
cliffs, and we have been out in boats and we have dragged the lake. He
never had health problems before, but this is a lot of stuff, losing a boy,
losing a brother."

               "Let Us Consider The Human Brain As
                A Very Complex Photographic Plate"
                     1957 G.H. Estabrooks
                 www.angelfire.com/mn/mcap/bc.html

                    FOR   K A R E N  #01182
                   who died fighting  4/23/99

                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                       www.aches-mc.org
                         807-622-5407

    For people like me, violence is the minotaur; we spend our lives
        wandering its maze, looking for the exit.  (Richard Rhodes)

                   Never befriend the oppressed
                    unless you are prepared to
                    take on the oppressor.
                        (Author unknown)