And now:[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 08:58:34 EST
Subject: Double Standard

Hau Kola,

Once again the Sports and Media people have created a double standard, with
their announcement that by drawing a thumb or hand across the throat
indicates a symbol of violence and a stiff fine and automatic yardage penalty
will be invoked on the player or team that has made this gesture of cutting
the throat.
Where the double standard comes into play is it is OK to do the Tomahawk Chop
as a group of fans and this form of violence is acceptable?
When Native Americans ask that this practice of portraying the Indian Image
as one of violence it is ignored but when another group (which will go
unnamed) says OH dragging a hand across the throat isn't acceptable they are
heard.
Please pass this along on your mailing list, maybe someone in the Sports and
Media will connect their eyes to their brains and say Yes we are creating a
double standard and remove the Chop?

In Spirit
Bruce Two Eagles
93 Dix Creek # 1
Leicester NC 28748
Two Eagles Photo
http://members.aol.com/BTwoeagles/bruce.htm

<<<<=-=-=                                  =-=-=>>>>
"We simply chose an Indian as the emblem.
  We could have just as easily chosen any
uncivilized animal."
   Eighth Grade student writing about his school's
   mascot, 1997

<<<<=-=  http://www.tdi.net/ishgooda/racial/  =-=>>>>

IF it says:
"PASS THIS TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW...."
Please Check it before you send it at:

http://urbanlegends.miningco.com/library/blhoax.htm

<<<<=-=-=FREE LEONARD PELTIER!!!=-=-=>>>>