Gaolong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 写道:    I am designing a tooltip for nautilus, and I
noticed that there is a Bug 147642 about tooltips. I take windows explorer as
example. In windows when mouse move over a big directory, it would show "More
than ... ",
  Until windows tooltip finally tells how much disk space this directory
used....

  I try to avoid too much deep counting by caching the results as metadata in
directories, and invalidate the metadata by recompute deep counting at proper
time. The proper time maybe when a NautilusFile is added, removed or changed.