hi;

On 1 November 2013 13:50, Ralph Plawetzki <ra...@plawetzki.net> wrote:

> I am using Arch linux nautilus 3.10.0-1 (language is German) and nautilus
> shows these places on the left (I see the German names):
> Recent
> Pictures
> Downloads
> Music
> Videos
> Trash
>
> What I am missing is "Desktop" as I use this location often and can't find
> any option to modify places and add Desktop.

the ~/Desktop location is not used in GNOME; by default GNOME does not
draw the contents of the folder underneath all the windows, so there's
really no special meaning attached to it any more. the directory is
still there, though, under your $HOME. you can add a bookmark, if you
want quick access to it.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--