Ah, thanks again, I had indeed to add a ftp.service file in
/etc/avahi/services according to
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/avahi#Vsftpd
Thanks for pointing me at that, I didn't know about avahi before.

Now, Nautilus finds that FTP server twice, one time with just (ftp) in
brackets (that's the one I can connect to via "browse network") and one
with (remote login) in brackets. (that's the one I can't connect to, the
one from before.)

Cheers
Bazon