On Mon, 2019-01-28 at 12:03 +0100, Jan Tojnar wrote:
> Nautilus does have this feature: When you hold Control key pressed and
> click a file/directory it will be added to a selection. If you hold
> Control and Shift and then click a directory item, the whole range of
> items between the last clicked will be added too.
>
> You can even use a keyboard to do this: Control with arrow keys allows
> you to preselect an item and Space will add or remove it from the
> selection. Unfortunately Control–Shift–Space does not add to the
> selection like you might expect, but instead creates a new selection.
>
> This usage pattern is based on IBM’s Common User Access standard and
> you can find similar behaviour in other GNOME, KDE or even Windows apps.
>
> Alternatively, you can use Control–S to select multiple files using a
> pattern. This is Nautilus specific, though.

They works! thanks, but they are actually *hidden feature*, it is more than 10
year that I have a PC and using GNU/Linux over 5 year with a lot of experience
but didn't know about this, so let alone new and amateur users!!

This keyboard shortcuts also are not easy on tablet or smart-phone, so there is
need to a graphical, easy and most important *visible* way to provide such
function.

GNOME Software and GNOME Videos alongside other Apps provides a visible button
with a check mark icon (✓) on HeaderBar that provides selection function, this
is the correct approach and I strongly believe GNOME Files should provide it
like other Apps.

On Mon, 2019-01-28 at 12:03 +0100, Carlo Lobrano wrote:
> Hello Farhad,
>
> you can copy random files/folders keeping the CTRL button pressed while
clicking with the mouse. Is that the function you were looking for, or did I
misunderstand?

> Regards,
> Carlo

I'm not sure it can be called "random", because actually it's not random, you
are seeing the items and select them consciously.