Am 11.09.2007 um 12:38 schrieb Stephen Deasey:

> If a memory routine failed, I would expect the process to abort...

Me too. That's why I was confused. If however some package
does not use Tcl allocator but uses direct calls to malloc,
we could have this situation. I will need to check this.

> (Hmm, maybe there should be a flush after that LogAdd()...?)

Strictly speaking, yes. But this is not helping here.
We never got to that abort() call. This is the problem.

Allright, I know now what was the idea. The "Fatal" log
is yet another log level and should not burn down the server.
The Panic() should burn down the server. But, this Panic
is called only within the Tcl and there is no means of
calling it from other modules. So, now should other modules
(beside) Tcl initiate server dump when they recognize some
inconsistent state?