On 9/27/07, Bernd Eidenschink <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > If you do a:
> >
> >   ps axf
> >
> > does the process actually have > 150 threads? I'm wondering if this is
> > a problem with thread cleanup or with reporting.
>
> I have to do a
> "ps axH"
>
> "H" is "Show threads as if they were processes".
>
> Then I currently count 23, which is about the maxthreads (15) number plus some
> writer etc. threads.

Good. No stray threads.

But the output of [ns_info threads] is wrong...

Do you have any unusual modules loaded, especially any that might
create threads? What does the 'parent' column say?

You could also look back in your error log and match up the threadid
in any log output with the threadid column in the stats output, which
might give a clue as to what these threads were.

It looks to me like a thread without a name must have been create by
an external library that didn't use Ns_ThreadCreate (which sets a
generic name by default), but did call some ns library function which
ended up calling Ns_ThreadGetName (e.g. Ns_Log), and that would cause
the foreign thread to be added to the global list of threads visible
to ns_info threads.