Hi.

just a thought, Stephen:
Is it possible for you as an Admin to start the Database Update
from another server via ssh? If so, you could backup and delete
the database dump in one step and run all that via a cronjob
from another server?!
If they have 'mysqlhotcopy', this is what I use on one of our
servers:
/usr/bin/mysqlhotcopy $database -u <USERNAME> \
   -h localhost --password=<PW> --addtodest <TARGETDIR>
or one file via dump
mysqldump -u <USERNAME> -p<PW> -x --all-databases >dump.sql
(or --databases db1 db2 ...)

'mysqlhotcopy' would probably run faster and produce smaller
files (if this is an issue), but 'files', that would have to
be tarred.

As long as we don't upload any files to the Wiki, the database
backup is all we need I guess.

Bernd.