On 7/17/06, Mike <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 7/17/06, Stephen Deasey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What's the default versions of autoconf and automake on FreeBSD (FreeBSD x.x?)
>
> What did the default autoconf not like in our configure script?

Stephen,
  I believe there is no such thing as "default" autoconf in FreeBSD.
It's a third-party package, and multiple versions of it are available
because various other things rely on a particular version, so the
version is tacked on at the end...  A similar thing is done with tcl -
there is no "tclsh" on FreeBSD, only tclsh8.4 or tclsh8.5, for
example..  (someone please correct me if I am wrong... - perhaps there
is a port of some "compatibility" shim that finds latest version and
tries it that I am unaware of).

My Fedora box has automake-1.4  automake-1.5  automake-1.6
automake-1.7  automake-1.9, but it also has plain 'automake', which is
the 1.9 version.

I guess we need something like:

$ AUTOMAKE="automake-1.9" ./autogen.sh

then?