From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Zoran Vasiljevic
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 6:41 AM
To: naviserver-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [naviserver-devel] read/write ns_config

On 22.08.2006, at 15:26, Bernd Eidenschink wrote:

> Because only during startup we have a chance to gather a knowledge
> of "core"
> configuration options via the Ns_Config* C-command calls.

I might be stupid. (A valid explanation why) I still do not
understand what you need?

The config machinery is rather dumb as it (only) has
a notion of the ns_section, one or more ns_param's
in it and some basic type checking on ns_params.
Not more.
There are no "hardwired" or "default" or C-level or
Tcl-level sections or parameters. All of them are
created equal.

The config repository is built during the startup and
later-on never changed (current behaviour)

I'm thinking about allowing *changes* to/of this repository
during the runtime. This way one could override a ns_param
value assigned at startup or create entirely new ns_section
and stuff it with bunch of ns_param so others may call
[ns_config] to get it.  (Obviously, changing some of the
parameters may have no sense as they will be read only during
the startup but this is not important at this time).

Now, what would you need EXACTLY, in addition to that?

Can you describe this shortly and possibly give one example
so that I can understand it as well (I'm getting old, you know...)

Cheers
Zoran

-
security?
easier
Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache
Geronimo