On 9/8/06, Zoran Vasiljevic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 08.09.2006, at 21:52, Mike wrote:

>   I think Michael failed to properly introduce himself.  :)  Michael
> is the author of nstcl: http://wiki.tcl.tk/3666 ...  I can see no more
> perfect candidate for resolving the database interface issue...  I
> think getting an ACS-like db interface has been on the wishlist of
> AOLserver for years.  This would be a huge step forward for
> NaviServer.  (again, my opinion only)

I have no problem with that. Just out of curiosity...
How is this different/better than what we have now?

At the lower level (ns_db) obviously what NaviServer has is the best
(after all it is the API that nstcl has sought to emulate since as far
back as the AOLserver 3 era when libnsd was still just a
dream/vaporware).

Above that is the ACS-like database API (db_foreach, db_multirow,
db_string, etc.) that are built on top of the ns_db and ns_set APIs.
nstcl has this code, probably more easily extractable then OACS, which
I'd be willing to package as a .tcl module (or a .tcl support file to
go alon with the existing nsdb module).  I've also got separate
stand-alone man pages for each of the high-level database API
functions already written.

Michael