On 20.12.2006, at 01:04, Vlad Seryakov wrote:

I put together another thing to test, it runs fine with my Naviserver
and worked well with my old Tcl/Adp tests. Speed is less than zippy but
better than Tcl or ptmalloc. But it does return memory back on thread
exit, this made my naviserver nsd process always run around 170M instead
of 800M with zippy.

Very nice. I will have to integrate this in tclThreadAlloc.c.
The trick with LD_PRELOAD is nice but it doesn't work on MacOSX.
If I can get those sizes as you and if it is on-pair (it can be
slower but not 2 times more then zippy or nedmalloc) then it will
be the malloc of choice for us.