Here's some problems with ns_conn channel:

- ssl: if you use it (or any other comm module) you'll be surprised
when 'puts' gets written in clear text.

- If you 'puts' rather than ns_write, you may be surprised when
automatic chunking, encoding, compression doesn't work.

- maxconnections: The server thinks it knows how many clients it's
serving, but by stashing away the socket and returning the conn, it's
under counting.

- Accounting for number-of-bytes-written is weak (as it is with the ns
background writer threads).

We could fix this by creating a custom channel type to wrap the conn
socket rather than use the standard TcpChannel.

Unfortunately, we don't really have the infrastructure to support this:

The current writer thread stuff separates the Sock from the Conn and
writes directly via the NsDriver* calls, so it passes the SSL test,
but doesn't handle the other stuff. For that, you really need a Conn
available.

So, we might have to move to a model where we can separate a Conn from
it's conn-thread.

Secondly, none of our Ns_ConnWrite* calls support an asynchronous mode.

Or..?