On 03.10.2007, at 16:18, Stephen Deasey wrote:

> On 10/3/07, Vasiljevic Zoran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> The XyZ constructs are normally integer formats
>> that are defined to handle 32/64 bit situations
>> in fprintf-like statements. This is not found
>> in "older" operating systems, like Solaris 2.8.
>

> Ugh.
>

>> I do not know how it affects Windows but we will
>> learn that pretty soon...
>

> That will be fun.  I don't think any one has compiled on windows for a
> long time -- I haven't seen any changes to the windows specific make
> files since new .c files have been added.
>
> What are you compiling with on Windows?  If you can make it work with
> mingw, that would be great. (mingw supplies it's own header files,
> including definitions of PRIxPTR...)

As we cannot afford too much instalbility, we are tying
not to follow the cvs head that eagerly... IOW, we are still
hanging about a year in our production release.
But in about 2 months we have a major release and we normally
take the X.0 version to be very unstalble and people know that.
So we are now heading towards the all-platform build... and
new things pop out...

> We really need to nail down what platforms we support. For example, we
> need at least a very specific version of OSX because of poll(). We
> only support Linux with NPTL threads.  Solaris >= 8?  FreeBSD?
> Windows, compiler?

At the moment we (by that I mean my company) MUST support:
Solaris 2.8+ on sparc and 2.10+ on x88
Linux Suse 8.1+ (this is about 2-3 years old)
Mac OSX 10.3.8+
Windows 2000/xp/vista

On all Unices we stick to GDB and on Windows to Visual C++
We do not MINGW on Windows. I'm trying to get my collegue
who is taking care about Windows here to get more involved
with NS but this is a constat word-in-progress as he's also
doing support so his spare time is rare. We could really
benefit from somebody out-there that would handle Windows port...
I mean we can do that here, but with a substantial delay...

Cheers
Zoran