On 24.10.2007, at 19:09, Vasiljevic Zoran wrote:

> So
>
>    ns_getconfig -bool section param 1
>    ns_getconfig -int section param
>    configuration parameter is not an integer
>
> would make you happy?

Lets stop and think about consequences of this...

Underneath, some integer will be used to hold
the value of the boolean param. After all,we
have C underneath. Now somebody will go get
integer rep of it and will receive error
because the type is boolean. Good for the moment.
But consider this:

    ns_getconfig section param "1"
    ns_getconfig -bool section param

How should we react here? The "1" is not a boolean
value. It is an string. Should I convert it to boolean?
If the answer is YES, then the top example should
not result in error.
If the answer is NO, then we're going VERY far from
common (Tcl) logic...