I think many issues or questions also are result of defaults in
Aolserver and Naviserver still being set according to past AOL setup and
requirements. It can be considered as an extreme case and because a lot
of functionality was implemented for AOL high-performance requirements
and setup, everybody else has to know that deeply, change config and/or
know C code good enough to make knowledgeable decisions.

For example, one of such things is threaded allocator which is default
in Tcl, nowadays default allocators a good enough, return memory to the
system, zippy is needed only in very high performance cases and even in
such cases it needs carefull testing to make sure the application does
not consume more and more different pieces of memory which will lead to
even wore fragmentation. I always recompile Tcl with default memory
allocator: it has 2 benefits, 1) not-ever-growing, 2) i can use vtmalloc
easily for example if default one does not work like i need

We know the code and we assume everybody else should and many questions
and problems reported seem like dumb or idiotic but they are not in all
cases.

I think all functionality AOL developed is very valuable but enabling it
by default is making everybody else to follow AOL's way of doing things
with AS/NS.