You can go ahead and patch CVS directly, i agree with the approach and
all other modules i will port one by one. Not all i use now, mostly UDP
and Syslog, so it is not a big deal.

I though as well about reading in acceptProc and queue, it just needs
public Queue function and the rest can be done inside each module.

Stephen Deasey wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 3:08 AM, Vlad Seryakov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I agree about making modules take care as much as possible.
>>
>> But here are the questions i need to resolve:
>>
>> - init, socket needs to be created, UDP or TCP or Unix, so driver needs
>> initProc
>>
>> - for module like UDP, driver needs to know not to accept or we need
>> another proc called acceptProc, default will be using accept and treat
>> socket as TCP but drier can ovwerwrite with its own
>>
>> - queuing, at some point, after accept or later driver need to queue
>> socket. The reason behind QUEUE_ON_ACCEPT to take care basic stuff
>> without writing same code for creating separate thread for slitening and
>> accepting sockets. SMTP is a good example in nssmtp.
>> QUEUE_ONREAD is usefull in case of UDP sockets, after reading UDP packet
>> call registered proc
>>
>> So, i need to resolve these issues and i would like to move as much as
>> possible into drivers.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>

> Yeah, create listen and accept callbacks.
>
> I think TCP drivers should work fine -- I did that ages ago with the
> example pop3 driver.
>
> The UDP though...  Maybe they should just read the packet in the
> accept callback, stash it, fake-up the HTTP request line in the Read
> callback, and the conn thread can then access the stashed packet
> directly.
>
> I'll have another go at it later, but here's some cleaned and split
> patches anyway, if you get a chance.

Vlad Seryakov
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.crystalballinc.com/vlad/