On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 3:09 PM, Ian Harding <harding....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please ignore, it is a permission issue.  The user had not rights in
> the schema, and since I used search_path, it didn't generate a
> permission denied error, it just didn't look there and generated a
> does not exist error.

Great.

FYI, there is some extra debug output available if you enable
server-wide debug logging. Each handle has an id and much of the log
output shows the id and the number of queries performed.  In this
case, you'd want to make sure that the same handle is being used for
both the SET command and the following query.