On 02.11.12 12:43, Stephen Deasey wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 12:13 PM, Gustaf Neumann <neum...@wu.ac.at> wrote:
>> i think, that adding a command reference would be a nice
>> addition, and is most likely possible with reasonable amount
>> of work. The other alternative would be to split up the
>> documentation pages with multiple commands into single pages...
> The idea was to head in the other direction: consolidate similar
> commands into one page.
i fully agree that a contextual display of related commands
is better.
> For example for the ns_return page there's a couple of paragraphs of
> explanation at the top that applies to all the commands, and by
> collecting them together it's easy to see how they're similar and how
> they differ. (maybe the 3 redirect commands should be split into their
> own page?)
>
> On the other hand, some times you just want a big list of all
> commands...  Hopefully dtplite can be coaxed into generating it.
dtplite is a tcl script that packages common behavior of the
tcl doctool packages.  One can certainly try to extend
dtplte or we can roll our own doc generator using these
packages, but this requires some deeper diving into the
doctool universe. In recent tcllibraries there are besides
the doctool oacages the doctools v2 package, which does not
make the best path more obvious, since dtplite does not use
v2 (to my shallow understanding).

-gustaf neumann