Dear naviservlers,

a short update on the changes in the tip version of Naviserver
and some modules on bitbucket:

- i've not made the big-cleanup of unused functions, but
  marked several as deprecated. The server reports
  now in the error.log when deprecated (C- or
  Tcl-implemented) functions are used.

- the introspection interface for per-server and per-pool
  reporting is implemented and works nicely (used e.g. in
  the updated nsstats.tcl or in my set of munin plugins).
  The old interface (which was not virtual-server and
  pool-aware) is marked as deprecated.

- i've moved several locks from global mutexes on all
  pools to muxtes per pool where appropriate to further
  improve scalability (most people won't notice)

- nsdbpg: i've updated the interface of nsdbpg from
  the old string based interface to Tcl_Objs and implemented
  for the provided SQL statements a new Tcl_Obj type named
  " parsedSQL", which can reduce string copying and the
  parsing of SQL statements for the bind-var emulation
  significantly. When the Tcl_Obj is preserved, the
  SQL statement is processed once (at the first call)
  and the resulting C structures are preserved in the
  internal representation of the Tcl_Obj. In later calls,
  the internal representation of the parsed SQL statement
  can be reused without overhead.

- I am updating the documentation whenever i step over
  some documentation problems, so it is improving, but
  there is still a log way to go.

When downloading the tip version of naviserver, please
get also nsdbpg/nsssl/nsstats when you use these modules.

We are using the tip version of naviserver and the modules
in production since a while. I think, we saw the last crash
last year in october or so.

best regards
-gustaf neumann