On 10.10.2013, at 23:14, Gustaf Neumann <neum...@wu.ac.at> wrote:

> Since nobody speaks up in favor of keeping Tcl 8.4 as requirement, i think
> we should go ahead and use tcl 8.5 when convenient (and therefore making
> Tcl 8.5 a requirement in the next release).

Hi!

We are still using Tcl 8.4 and will do so for some
time to come. I can however understand that could
be potentially counter-productive for others as it
may influence future developments.

The server as-is currently links against 8.4 API.
Do you have an idea what are the benefits of 8.5+
API that would justify the move?

Cheers
Zoran