I got the core server to build on Windows.  My changes to make that
work are here:

  https://bitbucket.org/apiskors/naviserver

https://bitbucket.org/naviserver/naviserver/pull-request/2/changes-to-build-on-windows

My changes could definitely use review; my portability tweaks to the C
code, etc.  Note that I haven't actually solved the mkstemp() problem
at all, I just stubbed in a fake function so the code would build.

To build on Window with the Microsoft compiler, all you should need to
do is make a trivial edit to "naviserver/include/Makefile.build".  At
the end of that file, comment out the "Makefile.module" line and use
the "Makefile.win32" line instead.

Then to build, at a Windows command prompt I do:

  set MY_MSDK="C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1"
  "%MY_MSDK%\Bin\SetEnv.Cmd" /Debug /x64 /win7
  z: & cd Z:\ns-fork\naviserver
  nmake -f Makefile.win32 NAVISERVER=C:\nsd-test

--
Andrew Piskorski <a...@piskorski.com>