First I'd like to wish you all a happy new year.
Soon it will be almost one year from the first time I started using and
learning  NaviServer.
In the meantime I've started developing a web framework as an exercise (it's
taking almost an year) to learn everything I can about NaviServer. During this
time I;ve had the time to dive in many cool things but also faced many
problems having to rewrite a lot of code.
I've developed a short list of questions I hope someone has an answer or knows
of an alternative. I had many more but I prefer to RTM and try everything
before I ask.If anyone has similar experiences in production/development or
has any "best tuning/usage" advice I'd be more than happy to read it.

I've started using NSSSL , however, is there a possibility to make it work on a
per virtual host? That it can load the .pem file from a location within the
virtual host location?

The framework I'm working with is in TclOO (i was using namespaces but I had
problems generating the pages, as somethings wouldn't render correctly so had
to make a new object for each connection) however it seems not to work when
preloading files so I have to load everything each time a user hits the page.
I've tried to make it work and even trying to serialize everything but I did
not seem to succeed. Did anyone make it work? Or is it a wiser choice to switch
everything to NX 2.0?

Same as above, is there a way to reload files into the init for all threads
once the server is started so there will not be a need to restart it?
I''ve noted a problem with keep-alive on most of the machines where I've tested
it. When accessing any domain form outside the LAN or localhost it seems to
take a long time to complete the load of images or bigger files. Tests in
Chrome and Firefox with the network analyzer show that it loads the file in
under one second but it keeps the connection open for the file untill the max
keep-alive seconds have elapsed. So If i have a keep-alive of 10-20 seconds the
page won't load untill it's closed. I tried to put it to 5 seconds but it seems
way too long. The only good keep-alive time that seems to be adequate is 2
seconds. By disabling it, will the server be more burdened or doesn't it affect
anything?
Is using the fastpath  for css, img, js files 100-200 kb a good choice or
should I think of a accelerator/proxy?

I've tried many tuning options for the server to make it server many .adp
requests. However they seem to never go above 100 requests/sec (with big
latency) with simple writing/reading from db. Is this normal? (Quad-Core and
16-core tests..) Compared to apache with a PHP yii framework, the framework in
PHP has faster response time 120 r/s.

When using mmap on linux the loading time decreases substantially of any web
page naviserver serves, sometimes 30 seconds or more...

Also sometimes when using MySQL  with ns_dbi without embeding the database. It
can happen that it gives an error "could not open handle" and then the server
crashes once in a while without any information. Or it won't reconnect without
a server restart. This isn't such a problem since I use postgresql but some
clients still have data  and require extraction or manipulation from mysql and
errors like these are weird.

Tests have been done in both 4.99.5 and 4.99.6 and the bitbucket versions.

Thanks for the continuing support you guys provide. We now have a very powerful
webserver with integrated TCL support that has many wonderful features others
need a dozen of tools to implement it. I'm amazed at each new release.Good
work!
 With regards,
Clinciu Andrei George

"Vorba buna, zambetul si fapta binefacatoare sunt raze ale soarelui rasfrante
in sufletul omului."
"A good word, a smile and a good deed are just like rays of the sun reflected
in man's soul."   by Nicolae Iorga