ns_ictl cleanup is called from ns_cleanup in naviserver/bin/init.tcl. When I remove the call, the error goes way. These are the relevant calls:

ns_ictl trace deallocate ns_cleanup

proc ns_cleanup {} {
    ns_cleanupchans;  # Close files
    ns_cleanupvars;   # Destroy global variables
    ns_set  cleanup;  # Destroy non-shared sets
    ns_http cleanup;  # Abort any http requests
    #ns_ictl cleanup;  # Run depreciated 1-shot Ns_TclRegisterDefer's.
}

regards,

Wolfgang