Bellcore TR-NWT-000499 (GR-499-CORE):

"Transport Systems Generic Requirements (TSGR): Common Requirements"

The GR describes Bellcore's view of the basic generic requirements
common to transport systems. They are as follows:
* Availability
* Reliability and Quality
* Error Performance
* Protection Switching
* System Transient Response
* Jitter
* Transmission Delay
* Signal Interfaces
* Signal Formats
* Coding Laws
* Physical Design (NEBS GR-63, Safety Criteria, System labeling,
  Alarms and Controls)
* Power Systems Interfaces (Shared DC Power/Distribution and AC Interfaces)
* Electrical Environment and Safety (GR-1089, sections 2,3,4,5,6,8,9)
* Operations Technology
* Supplier Documentation
* Supplier Training
* Alarm Surveillance.

Additional or ordering information can be obtained from the Telcordia
site at:

http://telecom-info.telcordia.com/site-cgi/ido/index.html

Use the 'Search' function to obtain "499" matches.

Regards,

Bandele
Jetstream Communications, Inc.
badep...@jetstream.com