AD| Find your Christian Soul Mate
http://l.salemweb.net/eharm0204m/devos/
____________________________
www.Crosswalk.com
October 6, 2004
UpWords
A Weekly Devotional from Max Lucado
Touches Of Tenderness
by Max Lucado
My child's feelings are hurt. I tell her she's special. My child is
injured. I do whatever it takes to make her feel better.
My child is afraid. I won't go to sleep until she is secure.
I'm not a hero. I'm not a superstar. I'm not unusual. I'm a parent. When
a child hurts, a parent does what comes naturally. He helps.
And after I help, I don't charge a fee. I don't ask for a favor in
return. When my child cries, I don't tell her to buck up, act tough, and
keep a stiff upper lip. Nor do I consult a list and ask her why she is
still scraping the same elbow or waking me up again.
Moments of comfort from a parent. As a father, I can tell you they are
the sweetest moments in my day. They come naturally. They come
willingly. They come joyfully.
If all of that is true, if I know that one of the privileges of
fatherhood is to comfort a child, then why am I so reluctant to let my
heavenly Father comfort me?
Why do I think he is too busy for me? ("He's got a whole universe to
worry about.")
Why do I think he's tired of hearing the same old stuff?
Why do I think he groans when he sees me coming?
Why don't I let my Father do for me what I am more than willing to do
for my own children?
I'm learning, though. Being a parent is better than a course on
theology. Being a father is teaching me that when I am criticized,
injured, or afraid, there is a Father who is ready to comfort me. There
is a Father who will hold me until I'm better, help me until I can live
with the hurt, and who won't go to sleep when I'm afraid of waking up
and seeing the dark.
Ever.
And that's enough.
For more great resources to help you grow in your relationship with God,
please visit Crosswalk Faith:
http://link.salemwebnetwork.com/UM/T.asp?A1.207.27134.2.1698058
View the full selection of devotionals available from Crosswalk.com
here:
http://link.salemwebnetwork.com/UM/T.asp?A1.207.27134.3.1698058
>>> Share the good news <<<
Please forward this message to a friend!
FREE Christian Book
http://l.salemweb.net/swnoffer0203/
____________________SUBSCRIPTION INFO_______________________
* This newsletter is never sent unsolicited. To unsubscribe
from this newsletter immediately, simply click on the link below.
If this link is not clickable, simply cut and paste it into the
address bar of your browser.
http://www.salememail.com/unsub/207/1698058.aspx
* Copyright � 2004 Salem Web Network and its Content
Providers. All rights reserved.
1698058
____________________________________________________________
TRINITY COLLEGE & SEMINARY OFF CAMPUS & ONLINE
Experience Personal & Ministry Growth
Through Bible-Focused Degree Programs
Associate and Bachelor of Arts
Master of Arts, M.Div., Doctor of Arts, Doctor of Ministry
http://l.salemweb.net/tcs2003tr/footer/
____________________________________________________________
Questions or comments can be sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED]