Jason,

The release is afaik planned either for some time in Q2 2014.

actually the workarounds are not so difficult.

The easiest one is to add a separate node which holds the 1M relationships. So
your actual node has just 1+100, the 100 that you mentioned of type 2 and the
one to the separate node.

So you can ignore the 1M relationships most (or all of the time) from this
direction and only check from the other side.

Wouldn't you filter on the relationship-type if you are only looking for active
/ inactive ?

Cheers

Michael