On the topic of spotting:
org.apache.http.client does the spotting.
Caused by: org.apache.http.HttpException: Unsupported Content-Coding: UTF-8
at org.apache.http.client.protocol.ResponseContentEncoding.process(
ResponseContentEncoding.java:98)

While I do not have the time, one could make a small program that crawls
all URLs of an neo4j instance and checks for these exceptions.