I've written a few Java sample programs that create node and relationships.
 I've learned that after I create a node or relationship I am unable to
view the data in the web console unless I stop/start the database on the
command line with a "neo4j stop / neo4j start".  After doing so my cypher
queries return the newly created nodes.

Is there a timeout that must finish, a cache setting or anything else that
is preventing me from seeing these newly created nodes?