The two approaches are essentially them same, although in 2.1 the "meta
node" benefits are built into the store format.

If you're querying relationships that are in a minority group
(type+direction) there's a good benefit, but if you query relationships in
a majority group, i.e. the most common type+direction, the benefit is not
as good.

On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 1:46 AM, Frandro <kimbk.mob...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In my case, as the edges of a node grow the performance becomes worse.
> My use case includes traversing all neighbor nodes and their neighbor
> nodes. But the problem is that their relations of two types are growing.
>
> I've read the following board.
>
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/neo4j/performance/neo4j/g63fTmPM4GE/vdSy5whsWgoJ
>
> There's a comment that recommends creating a meta node to have the most
> edges of the node.
> Another one is saying the problem will be mitigated in Neo4j 2.1.
>
> Any helpful comments will be appreciated.

Mattias Persson
Neo4j Hacker at Neo Technology