Was the store upgraded from a previous version of neo4j?

Sorry, without the store I can't diagnose what went wrong. The method of
copying over the healthy data to a new store is, I believe, the best way to
go about it. Fact is that these problems should never occur normally, and
every known occasion often results in some kind of bug fix to improve neo4j
to not produce the same inconsistency again.

I hope you can recover and continue.

Best,
Mattias