would modeling this way work ?

(a:City)->[:FROM]-(f:Flight)-[:TO]->(b:City)

and matching it against

(a)-[:FROM|TO*2..12]->(b)

Having Flight nodes makes sense I guess, especially when you want to link
for instance crewmembers or passengers  to the flight.

HtH

Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards

Ir. T. Zeppenfeldt
van der Waalsstraat 30
6706 JR  Wageningen
The Netherlands