Thanks for info Michael.  I believe that query will return the list of
entities common to each document.  What I’m really after is generating
dynamically (via Cypher) a new graph result (relationships) comprised of
only one node type derived from the underlying bipartite graph (two node
types).

e.g.,

http://image.slidesharecdn.com/pn2013-130704162301-phpapp01/95/sna-in-technologyenhanced-learning-a-shift-to-personal-network-perspective-using-clustered-graphs-9-638.jpg?cb=1373000400

So if neo4j database includes links between entities and documents, I want
to generate a new graph result that would just contain links between one
entity type: entities to entities or documents to documents.  These new
dynamic (query time) links would be based on shared connections between
entities and documents in the underlying graph database.

So if E1 is linked to D1 and D2, E2 is linked to D1, and E3 is linked to
D3, a Cypher query would return:

1)      1) For a entity only graph result: E1 linked to E2 and E3 by
itself.

2)      2) For a document only graph result: D1 linked to D2 and D3 by
itself.

Thanks, Dan