I've been working on a kernel extension
<https://github.com/ducky427/neo-kafka> which pushes all the changes being
made to the data in a Neo4j database to a Kafka <https://kafka.apache.org/>
server. All the changes have a timestamp attached to them.

So theoretically it should be possible to play back all the messages till a
point in time from Kafka to get a Neo4j database till that point in time.

Its similar to Graphaware's changefeed
<https://github.com/graphaware/neo4j-changefeed> except that the data is
structured and sent to Kafka for storage.

I'm in the process of writing a blog post explaining more about it. WIP.