Hi,

In Neo4j there is two kinds of index :

 * Schema indexes (via create index or create constraint)
 * Legacy indexes

All those indexes are internally made with Lucene.

When you use legacy indexes, you can configure them like it's describe here : http://neo4j.com/docs/stable/indexing-create-advanced.html

Cheers

Le 13/04/2016 18:41, Kamilos a écrit :
Hello,

I have 2 questions about index.

1) I saw that neo4j doesn"t allow to choose the type of index we want when creating an index. So what's the default index that is used, a Btree ?

2) In the docs, I have seen we can configure the database to use the Lucene index. What's the benefit of it ? The same question holds for the legacy indexing : what can I do with it that I cannot do using cypher for instance ?
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Neo4j" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to neo4j+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:neo4j+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.