I am afraid this is a very naive post but I really, really need some
advice!I have an idea for a db application which I have mulled over for
years, I started with a spreadsheet and quickly realised that flat-file was
never going to work, moved to Access and eventually found out enough about
relational systems to twig that I had so many join tables I was wasting my
time. Finally,via MongoDB I got to the point where I found Neo4j -
wonderful! I can see how this absolutely CAN work for my application. It
won't be easy but it clearly can do it. So far, so good... My vision is a
web interface so, in addition to the structure of the database (I can
manage Cypher, practice is needed, but it works for me!) I need to be able
to sort out the interface between Neo4j and the browser.

Now, my problem is that I am not a software man - I last wrote code in 1978
and that was Fortran! I am utterly bewildered by the options! I suspect
that I need to learn http coding to handle the browser pages (I will want
to create both "simple" tick box options, rather like and estate agent's
page: "price min/price max, garden yes/no etc" and also let people make
more comples queries - in Cypher?) but it seems that I need Java as well -
or is it python? Or Javascript? Ruby? Whichever way I go, would it help if
I use Netbeans or Eclipse or is Spring especially suited to Neo??? I have
watched tutorials, read pages of "stuff" but I still don't know.Precisely
where do these REST API's come in

Clearly, my problem is that I am starting from scratch on all fronts, i
accept that I may need to stop working on the actual database until I have
a handle on the tools, that's fine - but which toolset? Can anyone direct
me as to where to start? I don't care whether it is the best way so long as
it is a route which is (relatively) straightforward and does not involve me
in learning things I subsequently find I needn't have! Any help, pointers
to reference material that link it all together would be much appreciated!
Thank you in advance.