Hello all!

First of all I want to thank everyone on the Neo4j team for all their hard
work on such a promising and exciting new technology.

I'm working on a bit of a pet project at the moment; I'm hoping to take the
data dumps from Discogs (a record collection site) and load it into Neo4j.
My primary goal with this data is to expose the data between *releases* and
*artists* (main artists as well as extra artists in terms of credits).

The challenge with the Discogs data is that there is no differentiation
between "individual" *artists* and "group" *artists *(bands, etc)*. *They
are all contained within the *artists* collection. I'm more interested in
exposing the relationships of *individuals*, using *groups* as ancillary
metadata if applicable, and so therefore need to differentiate groups
somehow in the graph. Fortunately, many of the *artists* that are in fact
*groups
*contain *members* that link back to individual *artists.*

Does anyone have any idea how he or she could model this data, since in
effect I'll need to "break apart" one single field to two separate node
types in the graph? I've attached a quick SVG I created in the arrow tool
to help visualize. Maybe I'm thinking about it the wrong way?