I have in my graph ~1M nodes and ~1M relations.

My motivation for query is to retrieve all related nodes(by 3 hops) of
specific source node + aggregate properties within the response.

I understood the shortestPath taking your sourceNode and query all other
nodes(not necessarily related ones) in the graph to match the relevant
results.
My latency is around 2-4 seconds when I have load (~4000 concurrent
connections). it's too high.

Any idea how could I optimize my query for better performances?

 MATCH
p=shortestPath((user:User{userId:<someUser>})-[r:relation_type1|relation_type2|relation_3*1..3]-(user:User))
        WHERE f <> user
        RETURN (f.userId) as userId,
        reduce(base = '', rel in r | base + ' ' + rel.dist) as dist

* notes: userId and relation_type1/2/3 are auto indexed

* I am using the rest client and recently thought to upgrade into the new
BOLT driver(not sure it will helps)

Thank you.