Hi,

I will apologise right at the outset as I am sure my question is
elementary! I am not a database man but I have an idea and only a graph
database is going to do it - so i am learning right from the very
beginning. I am building the blocks of my structure in org charts and then
converting those to Excel - I am comfortable with Excel, I am an Engineer!

I use CONCATENATE within Excel to build my Cypher statements and generating
the nodes works perfectly, so far so good. I then used the same technique
to build the Cypher statements for the relationships and when I trialled it
using a single Cypher Statement the relationship loads perfectly but when I
try a set of statements I get a message saying that I need WITH between
MATCH and MERGE.

I have read up the stuff about WITH and I can see that I am mixing read and
write statements without separating them properly, I can also see that
aliasing comes into it - but for the life of me I can't see how to deal
with it!

The first sheet looks like this:

and this creates all the nodes nicely, the second sheet looks like this:

Any help much appreciated!