Anyone know when the Djikstra/A* with cost implementation is being
implemented in cypher? It appears to have been accessible from the Web API
for a long time, but no easy way to use it when using bolt?

Is there a reliable workaround? I basically want to call shortestPath but
specify a cost parameter stored on each relationship. I've seen workarounds
on stackoverflow, but these appear to work after obtaining all the results
so become inefficient?