- *Neo4j version*: 3.3.1 Enterprise
   - *Driver*: Javascript-driver
   - *Used Language*: Typescript / Angular 2
   - *OS*: Windows 10

I have a series of nodes with RED being the Root-node, and YELLOW is always
the parent of ONLY a green node (GREEN always the child of ONLY YELLOW).

For this example the nodes contain a single char.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-w83k-1OIJRQ/WrFEUUDKskI/AAAAAAAACAU/PkHWgBwRG-0H_zWHWB8H_esMWFk4_lg5wCLcBGAs/s1600/nodeexample.PNG>

Each time a YELLOW node is created with a given value, I want to traverse
the tree, and compare all visited nodes with the value in the newly created
YELLOW-node. If they contain the same value, and then do something wether
this is true or not.

I have read about the traversal API (java only, apparently) which allows me
to imperatively manage the traversal, and apply a function to each node
visited (visitor function). This would be good to use in this case.

But I use the javascript driver, and coding in Typescript, so I don't have
this option. It seems I have to rely on Cypher, and here's my question(s):

   - Using Cypher, how do I control traversal in way, that I can apply a
   function to each visited node in a given tree?
   - Are there other ways of achieving the traversal if I can't do this
   with Cypher?

Any help or links to helpful articles or the neo4j documentation would be
greatly appreciated.  In the meantime, I will keep trying :)

Kind Regards
 Joe