Hi everyone,

I'm a data scientist and I'm new to graph database, my use case is little
different and I have not found any satisfactory results or how to solve my
problem using neo4j. I want to store the document similarity in graph using
bidirectional relation between nodes. The problem that I'm facing is that I
can't store integer as a relationship.

My main motive of using neo4j is to store the similarity score between two
or more than two documents, the structure is like

doc1-----0.98----->doc2
doc1-----0.94----->doc3

The interpretation goes like this :
doc1 is 98% similar to doc2 and 94% similar to doc3.

I can’t use any other database because the database is updating everyday,
and second new documents are coming everyday to the database. So, I just
have to create a bidirectional relationship between the existing graph new
nodes. The third reason I’m using graph database is that I have more than 1
billion documents and 3000-4000 docs are adding to the database on daily
basis.

The problem I encountered is that I can’t store the numbers as a
relationship, neo4j is not accepting this format:
doc1-----0.98----->doc2

It’s only expecting this format:
doc1-----ninety_eight---->doc2

My question is how can I solve this problem, because I only have similarity
score in number(float) and my main task is to query top n most similar doc
based on the similarity score?

Thanks