Hello!

I am running Debian (Woody, with kernel 2.4.9) on a laptop Sony Vaio
PCG-505E. I recently upgraded to the new version of Xfree, namely:

xserver-xfree86 4.1.0-7

and I cannot run X anymore (with startx). My XF86Config-4 file
(which was perfectly working before) contains:

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Generic Video Card"
        Driver          "neomagic"
        ChipSet         "neo2230"
        VideoRam        2048
#       Option          "NoAccel"       "true"
        Option          "SWCursor"      "true"
#       Option          "PCIBurst"      "false"
        Option          "ShadowFB"      "true"
EndSection

I then get the error message:

(II) NEOMAGIC(0): Not programming shadow registers

waiting for X server to shut down

Thank you very mutch if someone can help me. I tried several options,
without success (I think that my problem is related to Theodore Knab's
one, so please let me know if you found a solution).

Best,
Sebastian.