Hi Jakob,

Am I right, you have Solaris7 running on your Laptop ? with a binary
disrib of XFree ?

If so, please upgrade to Solaris 8, the Xfree-4.1.0 modules are native
supported in 8, up from patchrevision: 108653-27 (Xsun patch) curr: -37
following RFE is implemented there:
4428762 Solaris/Intel Xserver internals not compat w/XFree86 ddxen

You will also need two packages SFWxf86dr, SFWxf86du if you can't get them
contact me, I will provide them, and If you can't get the OS also.

Rgds Klaus Ziegler

P.S by the way you are the fist one who asked about Solaris on this alias
and I'am joining this list since Mar this year, congratulations ::))

>Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 17:48:41 -0800 (PST)
>From: Jakab Maros <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: [Neomagic] mouse problem
>
>I am trying to install neomagic drivers for Solaris 7
>on my Sony PCG-F430 laptop.
>
>I got the following messages.  I am not sure how to
>fix the problem.:
>I also include my log file as an attachment.
>Thank you for your help
>
>(II) Initializing built-in extension XINERAMA
>(II) Initializing built-in extension XFree86-Bigfont
>(II) Initializing built-in extension RENDER
>(**) Option "Protocol" "auto"
>(**) Mouse0: Protocol: "auto"
>(**) Option "CorePointer"
>(**) Mouse0: Core Pointer
>(**) Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
>(EE) xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/mouse
>       No such file or directory.
>(EE) Mouse0: cannot open input device
>(EE) PreInit failed for input device "Mouse0"
>(II) UnloadModule: "mouse"
>(II) Keyboard "Keyboard0" handled by legacy driver
>(WW) No core pointer registered
>No core pointer
>
>Fatal server error:
>failed to initialize core devices
>
>When reporting a problem related to a server crash,
>please send
>the full server output, not just the last messages.
>This can be found in the log file
>"/var/log/XFree86.0.log".
>Please report problems to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>(II) NEOMAGIC(0): Not programming shadow registers

>Send your FREE holiday greetings online!
>http://greetings.yahoo.com
Klaus Ziegler                      tel: (++49 69)  691962
Im Schwalbennest 5              mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
D-63263 Neu-Isenburg