Shigehiro Nomura writes:

 > At step 3 of the above instructions, it makes reversed patch.
 > Egbert, do you need reserved patch ?  or is it my misunderstanding ?

Hi Shigehiro,

I noticed that your patches were in reverse order but
it was no problem for me since I used patch -R.

diff takes the first file specified on the command
line  as from-file the scond one as to-file (the new
version).

Since you do a lot of developing I would like to
suggest to you to try out cvs.
That way you can keep track of your changes,
you don't have to save the original version before
making changes, you can back up to older versions
etc. cvs also allows you to create diffs to any
version you've committed to the repository.
I'm using cvs for developing for several years now.
I don't want to miss it any more.

Regards,
        Egbert.