I have the same chipset and here's what I have applied:
http://www.xfree86.org/pipermail/neomagic/2002-February/000899.html
and
http://www.xfree86.org/pipermail/neomagic/2002-February/000934.html

Regarding the base64 thing, download the perl module MIME::Base64 (sp?).  In
the documentation that comes with the module, there is a one-liner fo getting
the contents of a base64 encoded file (I basically copied the base64 stuff
from my browser to a file and then applied the one-liner).

However,
xine (0.9.9-cvs) still does not work with Xv mode
std out follows

$ xine -V Xv
video_driver_id = 'Xv'
This is xine (X11 gui) - a free video player v0.9.9cvs
(c) 2000, 2001 by G. Bartsch and the xine project team.
Built with xine library 0.9.9 [Thu 21 Mar 2002 00:28:12]-[gcc version 2.96
20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.1 2.96-98)]-[Linux 2.4.18 i686].
Found xine library version: 0.9.9 (0.9.9cvs).
Display is not using Xinerama.
XF86VidMode Extension (2.1) detected, trying to use it.
XF86VidMode Extension: 3 modelines found.
video_out_xv: using Xv port 55 from adaptor NeoMagic Video Engine for hardware
colorspace conversion and scaling.
video_out_xv: port attribute XV_COLORKEY value is 2110
video_out_xv: port attribute XV_BRIGHTNESS value is 0
video_out_xv: this adaptor supports the yuy2 format.
video_out_xv: this adaptor supports the yv12 format.
load_plugins: video output plugin Xv successfully loaded.
audio_arts_out : supported modes are mono stereo
load_plugins: audio output plugin arts successfully loaded.
xine: xine_init entered
xine: using MMX optimized memcpy()
xine-scr_init: complete
load_plugins: input plugin found : file
load_plugins: input plugin found : DVD
load_plugins: input plugin found : VCD
load_plugins: input plugin found : CDA
load_plugins: input plugin found : stdin_fifo
load_plugins: input plugin found : TCP
load_plugins: input plugin found : RTP
load_plugins: input plugin found : HTTP
load_plugins: input plugin found : MMS
load_plugins: demux plugin found : OGG
load_plugins: demux plugin found : QUICKTIME
load_plugins: demux plugin found : ASF
load_plugins: demux plugin found : AVI
load_plugins: demux plugin found : MPEG_BLOCK
load_plugins: demux plugin found : MPEG
load_plugins: demux plugin found : MPEG_ELEM
load_plugins: demux plugin found : MPGAUDIO
load_plugins: demux plugin found : MPEG_PES
load_plugins: demux plugin found : MPEG_TS
load_plugins: demux plugin found : CDA
video decoder plugin found : mpeg2dec
spu decoder plugin found : spudec
audio decoder plugin found : a/52dec
video decoder plugin found : ffmpeg video decoder
audio decoder plugin found : lpcm
video decoder plugin found : vfw (win32) video decoder
audio decoder plugin found : vfw (win32) audio decoder
audio decoder plugin found : mad
audio decoder plugin found : dts
audio decoder plugin found : vorbis
video decoder plugin found : divx4 video decoder
spu decoder plugin found : sputext
spu decoder plugin found : spucc
video_out: loading logo 640 x 400 pixels, yuy2
video_out: copying logo image
video_out: thread created
metronom: start_clock (at 0)
X Error of failed request:  BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  141 (XVideo)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  19 ()
  Serial number of failed request:  1191